Management Executive South Hackney (MESH)
|13th December 2013|
From the 1st April 2011 all Neighbourhood Services will be managed by Hackney Homes.
This in essence means that the Neighbourhood Office located In Wells Street will cease to run by Mouchel Parkman, the office staff is to go back In-House. (The Staff that are to run our office from April First will be Hackney Homes Employee’s)
Question: What has happened to date with regards to the Homerton Office in preperation to the change in April 2011
• Hackney Homes consulted with ten residents from the reader’s panel prior to the “ Have Your Say on Services” the survey was sent out so that understanding and clarity as well as willingness to complete could be tested.
• A full residential consultation took place which included a Postal survey to over 30,000 residents (including Leaseholders and Free freeholders).
• Information regarding the Have Your Say Consultation was published in the Hackney Homes newsletter and website.
• Posters were displayed in the Neighbourhood offices and on residential estates along with reminder, text messages sent to over 11,000 residents of these 9,283 were successfully delivered.
In total a 10% (3,173) response rate to the survey was achieved.
Presentations – Phase 1
• Presentations of the housing management options have been given to all the representative tenant bodies across Hackney and were asked to givetheir views either collectively or individually.
• Feedback reports have been provided by some of the panels and CouncilMembers to reflect their views of the service provided by the partners.
• Further consultation took place at the Leaseholders and Freeholders conference where a presentation was made and an information point was displayed about the “Have Your Say on Services” survey attended by Resident Services staff. The conference held on 26th September ’09 was an opportunity for residents to receive information and ask questions.
Consultation Process – Phase 1
The following took place in this phase and phase 2.
• Design consultation document Stage
Agree format/design of Survey and posters
• Equality and Diversity/Design/ Format/Plain English of Questions.
• Adhere to consultation process.
10x Readers Panel Understanding/plain English of survey.
• Design/ Format/Questions Agree Consultation Period.
Service Development Communications
• Submission of final survey and poster to Communications team.
Consultation Process stage 2
• Article in Hackney Homes
• Submitted info on Hackney Homes website
• Survey posted to 30,931 residents w/c 7th September extended to October 09
• Posters erected by Estate Cleaning Depot around Hackney Estates and NHO’s
• Text Reminders – sent to 11,715 residents on 12th October
• Results processed by the Service Development Team – October 09
1.RLG (Residents Liaison Group) 10TH Sept 09
2.Neighbourhood panels July-Sept 09
3.Hackney Homes Board, Special Away Day
4.Leaseholders & Freeholders Conference 23rd Sept ‘09
5.Councillors Meeting 29th Oct ‘09
6.Results processed by Service Development team Oct-Nov ‘09
7.Results produced for Hackney Homes Board Report Nov ‘09
Hackney Homes Board reached a decision on 26th November and made recommendations, to be put forward to LBH Council Cabinet.
• The Council’s Cabinet recommendation within the report, was approved by Cabinet on 1st March
• 2010, to enable all front line services to be directly managed by Hackney Homes from April 2011.
• Some residents petitioned against the decision reached by the Hackney Cabinet at the Overview & Scrutiny Committee meeting on 18th March The Committee subsequently upheld the original decision made by Cabinet.
Project Set Up – Phase 3
Tasks Objectives include:
• Oversee the project to ensure that it delivers on time.
• All objectives are reviewed and assessed
What has taken place – Phase 3
March 2010 Completion of: Project Brief Business Case
Project Initiation Document
Project Team Structure
April 2010 Presentation to Hackney Homes Executive Team & approval of project
Mar 2010 Served Partner contract termination letters to Mouchel Parkman
Mar - Apr ‘10 Project Operational Team and sub group meetings
Mar –Apr ‘10 Draft action plans provided by the Project Operational Team - ICT, HR, Finance, Communications, Admin & Finance, Resident Involvement,
Service Development and TMO’s
Mar ’10 Completion of draft Exit Plan strategy for Mouchel
Mar 2010 Initial Exit Plan meetings with Mouchel
• Reducing operational staffing costs
• Improved Value for Money
• Opportunity to review with residents how services are
delivered – (consider a range of options e.g. centralise
• Opportunity to invest in innovative best practices across
• Offers a greater opportunity to discuss and plan for shared
services with Hackney Council.
• A potential reduction in management costs to leaseholders.
a detailed review is been undertaken.
• Reduce overhead costs - ensuring more resources are put
into front line services.
• Project Plans to be in place to ensure our target date of 1st
April 2011 is achieved.
• Executive Project Board will meet monthly, to ensure
progress is achieved
• Operations Group will meet monthly, to monitor the work of
the task and subgroups
• Communications plan for both resident and staff agreed
• Feedback to Residents Liaison Group in Oct/Nov 2010
Hackney HOMES state that they look forward to welcoming the Neighbourhood staff
to Hackney Homes.
MESH has given a powerpoint presentation to delegates at the meeting on 25th May 2010, we asked that our delegates Give a little background as to how the residents had voted and more importantly that the changes will take place in April, we asked that if possible at their next ETRA Meeting.
MESH will be in regular meetings with our office, we of course are hoping for a smooth handover.
MESH will of course update you on this site and will report up and beyond the hand over due in April.
|click here to email||0208 985 5953||powered by PHDi Websites|